Christmas came a little early this year for my wife and I. I bought us two new laptops from our MCX here on base, spent a total of $800.00. Not to bad of a deal considering what I got her and what I got myself. It has been some very trying times since I last posted.
My wife and I went to Marriage Counseling with the Chaplain and are currently working on rebuilding our relationship with each other. I sincerely love her, but these last few weeks, I have failed to show her that, I truly do appreciate all the the things that she does for my children and I.
Work has not been slacking off either. In the last three weeks I've coordinated three Phase Maintenance Aircraft and my god, we went 12 on 12 off at the beginning of this week, and I'm already counting on working for Christmas and New Years. A bunch of my guys went on leave so as always there is a manpower shortage. With the deployment about to set sail, there is so much work to be done and not enough people to do it. Probably a dozen times I have stayed to make sure that what needs to get done is getting done. Also, I've made no forward progress on getting my officer package done, BUT on the brightside I did make weiight! There have been a few days where I get home shower and just fall asleep as I hit the couch, granted my wife is not happy at all when I do that, but she is probably the most understanding person of all.
Since November 8th I've dropped a total of 17 lbs. Even my guys at work are looking at me and noticing something is different. There is still so much to do for the holiday, and like I said earlier I'm counting on working the day before and the day after Christmas and New Years as well. But hey there is always this...my little outlet for how I'm doing. I've even got a little green book that I take with me just abouit everywhere that I write all my thoughts in. Also, my good friend Chris is back in town. He is one of the few people that I like to open up to. Him and his wife are good friends of mine. I saw them at church this morning which was pretty awkward because...last I checked they weren't very active in their religious practices, but who am I to talk? The last time I went to church was well over a month ago.
On a different topic I've suddenly become obsessed with the show, "Criminal Minds". Man, is this such a good show. It talks about behavior analysis in criminals in order to catch them. I'm probably about to go watch that show right now.
Good Night and Happy Holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment