Well...its 3:45...Christmas morning...and I'm awake just blogging away. I'm having a hard time sleeping right now because I'm under the weather. Been sick for the last few days, but it really hit home last night. I got home at 2000 and just passed out for about 12 hours. I haven't been PTing at all lately, not since I made weight and this week ways supposed to be the week where my wife and I would start back up, but obviously that hasn't happened...AND we are working 12 on 12 off since the MEU is about to set sail.
Today I saw a movie, it was called, "Holiday Switch". It was about a woman that was married to her husband for about 18 years had two beautiful children and there weren't set financially. Creditors and debt collectors were blowing up her phones and knocking on her doors, and she was basically hating life because she felt unfulfilled because her and her husband didn't make much money. Well, in the movie something happens where she gets switched lives with one of her friends who is RICH and has EVERYTHING that she thinks she wants, but alas...such is not the case.
The woman with the financial problems that switched lives with her friend that is rich, soon comes to find out that she is about to get a divorce from her current husband who is also having an affair with his PR Officer and she doesn't have her children anymore.
Moral of the story to me folks, is that even though times are tough and the wallet may be a little thinner these days, lets keep our minds and hearts on what we all know what really matters. At our core we are selfish and greedy, lets use this time to not be those things, and remember that family is what matters. Being with those that you care for most in the entire world is what matters.
The particular movie I'm talking about really tugged on my heart strings. I don't make that much, I've got bills that probably aren't going to get paid anytime soon, but...I've got the two greatest kids in the world and the most beautiful woman in the world as my wife...and damn it thats enough. I come home everyday and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I'm well aware that I do not deserve such a great family, but I'm planning on spending the rest of my life showing them how much they truly mean to me. I'm not gonna sit here in melancholy and wonder why I can't give them more. I'm going to work my ass off to bring them the quality of life that they deserve.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
-Nathan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment